Access to and use of this website and to the Flourish Platform is provided by Flourish Employment Solutions Pty Ltd (ACN 616 256 207) (“Flourish” and as the context requires “we“, “our” or “us“). Flourish provides access to the Flourish Platform through its partner, HR Bubble Pty Ltd.
What information do we collect, and how do we collect it?
We may collect the following data about visitors to our website and the Flourish Platform:
- details of your visits to our website and the Flourish Platform (including, but not limited to, traffic data, device ID and type, location data and other standard web log information);
- information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes;
- details of the resources that you access including the documents downloaded;
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, or otherwise contacting us; and
- information that you provide to us in response to surveys that we send to you for research purposes or through your attendance at any seminars.
(together, the “visitor information“).
Other than the information referred to at (d) and (e) we collect this visitor information automatically during your access to and use of our website and the Flourish Platform.
If you are an officer, employee or contractor of a company (or other employer) that has registered to use the Flourish Platform, we may collect and process the following types of personal information about you:
- information about your identity including name, date of birth and gender;
- your contact information including postal or street address, email addresses, telephone numbers and other contact details;
- information about your personal circumstances including your marital status and whether you have any dependants;
- information to verify your identity and whether you can work for your employer including copies of your driver’s licence, passport, visa and other identification documents;
- your employment information including employment history, position title, qualifications, contracts, terms and conditions of employment, employment benefits and entitlements (e.g. salary, holiday and other leave entitlements and superannuation), resume details, training data, performance metrics, memberships and associations, disciplinary and grievance matters;
- company vehicle details;
- financial information including bank details, superannuation fund or other information about your financial circumstances;
- information related to any products and services you enquire about, select or we have provided to you via the Flourish Platform; and
- your platform preferences;
- details of any correspondence or other communications between you and us; and
- any other information you (or your employer) provide to us, our representatives or business partners; and
(together the “employee information“).
We collect employee information either:
- when it is provided to us by you;
- when it is provided to us by your employer when they use the Flourish Platform for their HR and payroll administration purposes; and
- from our business partners when you (or your employer) access products and services provided by them through the Flourish Platform.
We may also collect what the Act refers to as ‘sensitive information’. This would only occur with your consent and when the information is reasonably necessary for our business purposes or in the limited circumstances permitted under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information may include information about your racial or ethnic origin, criminal record, political opinions and memberships of pollical associations or trade unions, religious beliefs, medical records and health information, and marriage status and sexual orientiation.
If we do not collect the above personal information, it may adversely affect our ability to provide our services. Because of the nature of our services we provide, it may be impracticable for us to deal with individuals who have not identified themselves or who have used a pseudonym.
What do we use your personal information for?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose of delivering the online products and services to our customers, facilitating payment of our customers accounts through Flourish’s secure payment gateway, communicating with our customers regarding the management of their account; and marketing our products and services.
Flourish does not use any employee information for any purpose other than for the primary purpose of enabling the employer (and its personnel) to administer its HR and payroll administration functions through the Flourish Platform.
We may also use this information for one or more of the secondary purposes set out below.
We collect, hold, use and disclose visitor information (and may, in certain circumstances, also use some employee information) for the following purposes:
- to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services;
- for internal and service-relate purposes, such as to provide, maintain, protect, improve and personalise our services (including our website) and to develop new services;
- to communicate with you in order to provide you with information we think may be useful or relevant to you;
- to promote our products, services and related services;
- to monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our services and for marketing or advertising purposes or to offer you tailored content;
- when you contact us, to keep a record of your communication to help us respond to your query or solve any issues you might be facing;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes we may have with our users and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to allow our third party partners to provide you appropriate services.
Flourish will not sell its customer information
We will not sell any information about you to any company, individual or group.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information:
- to our officers, employees and contractors and related bodies corporate, but only where those persons need access to your personal information;
- where your employer is a registered user of the Flourish Platform, to your employer;
- to our third party suppliers and service providers including IT and communications suppliers, payment systems suppliers and marketing or advertising providers;
- to our existing or future business partners (including but not limited to HR Bubble, Pocket DNA, and ICM Immigration) and other third parties (including agents and sub-contractors) who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you;
- if we merge with or are acquired by another business, to the new owners of the business;
- with your consent, to any person authorised by you to receive information held by us; and
- in connection with any actual or prospective legal process (including if reasonably necessary to enforce applicable Terms of Service or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights);
- if required by applicable law or regulation; or
- if required, authorised or permitted by law, to government agencies, regulatory bodies, law enforcement agencies and other persons.
We generally process personal information on servers located in Australia, but we may disclose personal information outside of Australia to one or more of the third parties identified above.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia. Where we disclose your personal information to third parties, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Certain information may be recorded for statistical purposes, including information regarding your:
- server and/or IP address
- domain name
- date and time visit;
- previous websites visited;
- and browser type.
Cookies are small files that store information on your device. They enable us to recognise you across different websites, services and devices, and over time. You can disable cookies in your browser, but it is important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Site and Information Security
Flourish and its subscontractors and service providers will take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information, but as is the case with all internet or cloud-based platforms, we cannot provide any guarantee regarding the security of your personal information and other data transmitted. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk.
We will not intentionally give any of your personal information to a third party without your permission. When we no longer need your personal information for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed, we will, subject to the law, destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
Accessing your personal information and correcting your personal information
If you would like to access the personal information that we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details below. As you will appreciate, we may need to take steps to verify your identity before giving you access to your personal information.
In some limited circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with access to some or all of your personal information. In those circumstances, we will explain why.
If you believe that any of the personal information that we hold about you is incorrect, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please let us know using the contact details below and we will take reasonable steps to correct the information.
Making a complaint
Please contact our Privacy Officer if you have any complaints about how we have handled your personal information. Please provide us with your full name, a clear explanation of your complaint and the best means for us to contact you.
Our Privacy Officer will investigate your complaint and provide you with a response within a reasonable period of time.
If you do not find our response satisfactory, you can take your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Our contact details
Post: Privacy Officer, Flourish Employment Solutions Pty Ltd, Level 7, Currency House, 23 Hunter Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000
Telephone: +61 2 9222 1654
 Note to Client: anyone else?